is a UX Product Designer based in Atlanta, Georgia
I am a hands-on creative problem solver with a passion for good design. With a background in retail merchandising and residential interior design, I have a broad scope of understanding how people move throughout a space, how and where business and user needs connect, and how to find the best solution within tight limitations.
General Assembly 2020
User Experience Design
User Interface Design, User Experience Design, User Flows, Design thinking, Design Strategy, Concept Sketching, Wireframes: Both Low and high fidelity Mock - ups, Visual Presentations, Annotating Wireframes, Branding/Brand Management
Research: User Research, Personas, Scenarios, Usability Testing, Task Analysis, A/B Testing, User Analysis, Competitive Analysis, Competitor Research.
Figma, Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, Slack, Microsoft Suite
Paper and Stitch | Atlanta, GA
May 2019 - Present
- Weekly User Research to collect & analyze quantitative and qualitative data to aid in developing content concepts.
- Partner with Editor to curate and create web and social media content for an all-encompassing lifestyle blog with a focus on home interiors, DIY, travel, entertaining, style, and food.
- Aid in setting the tone and direction of social media outreach.
- Manage fabrication, editorial, and media-based projects from ideation to execution.
- Clearly articulate and present concepts to the Editor and Art Director.
Scout Mob | Atlanta, GA
Account Manager and Social Media Manager
Dec 2018 - Mar 2019
- Developed marketing strategies based on user psychology.
- Developed a deep understanding of social channel analytics and user habits that leveraged a 18% increase of engagement.
- Curated and managed the Hand-Picked Atlanta social channels on a daily basis.
- Monitored, moderated, and responded to audience comments.
- Managed social media partnerships with other brands.
- Created and posted shareable videos and images.
- Strategized and executed digital marketing campaigns and gathered and analyzed the data results from those campaigns.
-Worked alongside GM to prospect and meet with new clients.
- Maintained existing client relationships by ensuring all needs are met regularly.
- Managed and solved conflicts with clients.
- Identified new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
Penny Shields | Atlanta, GA
Design Coordinator and Creative Assistant
Feb 2017 - Jan 2019
- Interviewed clients and analyzed data.
- Scheduled and maintained communication with clients and contractors throughout the project timelines.
- Supported Lead Designer in client and contractor meetings by taking notes, and effective time management.
- Partnered with Lead Designer to source and select pieces for client design visions.
- Worked alongside Lead Designer to ensure timely and quality design installation.
- Assisted in installations which entailed styling and staging in various settings.
- Created systems and organized data pertaining to e-commerce and retail sales.
- Purchased and return pieces for various projects.
- Worked alongside bookkeeper to maintain financial accurate financial reporting.
Citizen Supply | Atlanta, GA
Retail Designer and Merchandiser
Sep 2016 - Sep 2017
- Anticipated customer journey by analyzing market and industry data that netted a 125% increase in sales and a 75% increase in conversion.
- Created customer flows based on quantitative and qualitative customer research that informed customer‐related hypotheses.
- Collaborated with Creative Director to plan quarterly fixture and product updates and displays throughout the store.
- Spearheaded all merchandising and delegated various tasks to the store team to ensure timely and quality execution.
- Partnered with the Creative Director to shape role duties and the merchandising position within the store.
- Contributed to the overall brand identity within the store and impacted the customer experience through a deep understanding of customer psychology.
I am... An amateur baker. A sewer, painter, macrame-er, interior designer, and avid house plant grower. A songwriter, pink electric guitar player. A try hard zero-waster. An appreciator of spreadsheets (read: hardcore budgeter). A dog owner (Rosco). A Beltline bicycle rider. A “holes in the knees of my jeans”, “get your hands dirty”, and “I can figure it out” kind of lady.
Available on request.